Batter
2 tablespoons melted butter
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Blend all ingredients and let stand while you get the fruit filling ready and preheat oven to 425.
Fruit filling
4 tablespoons butter (I just use the rest of the stick: 6 tablespoons)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ( I use much more, up to a tablespoon)
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 large apple sliced
Melt butter in 10 inch cast iron skillet. Add the remaining ingredients and saute apples for a few minutes until mixture bubbles.
Pour batter over the fruit filling mixture and bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 for another 10 minutes. Top with powdered sugar and serve in skillet immediately out of oven.
I use the church's dried apples. I measure 2 cups and cover with water. I put in microwave for a minute and then just let them sit while I mix the batter. I drain them before I put them in the batter.
Enjoy!
Koki & Lynne Takahashi
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment